Gives you an overview on why TestResults.io is the only automated testing platform that provides you the option to test in a highly regulated market
TestResults.io is an automation test platform with native, built-in support for regulated markets. Therefore regulations for electronic records etc. are followed by providing a complete Test Automation Workflow.
For regulated markets we have implemented the "Frozen Solution" approach. The TestResults.io test platform is completely build around these principles:
- Full Traceability of an execution
- Versioned test case plans and test case report
- Fixed execution environments
These three principals allow us to provide you what matters the most in regulated market: Complete Repeatability. In case if there is ever the need to repeat a test exactly the way it was executed months or years ago TestResults.io will allow you to run exactly the same configuration again.
The TestResults.io platform is divided into multiple main components
- Test Design
- Test Management
- Test Execution
Any automated test case is stored in a way that does not require any parts of "Test Design" nor "Test Management" to re-execute. Therefore, we require a strictly versioned "Test Execution" component.
Test Execution is divided into the sub-components Hosting, JobManager, TestEngineRunner, TestEngine & SubEngine. All of these sub-components are individually versioned and have their individual open issues lists. To make sure that the Test Execution takes place exactly the same as it did before, every automated test case contains also the information which version of the TestEngine is required to execute it.
Hosting, JobManager, TestEngineRunner and SubEngine are versioned around the TestEngine, therefore, we do have a full execution chain that is directly labeled by the version of the TestEngine.
In summary: With TestResults.io you can run a test case exactly the way it was run before even if the whole environment was updated multiple times as the actual Test Execution chain is versioned and always available in a repository.
This Frozen Solution approach lays the foundation of a fully traceable, automated testing system based on the TestResults.io platform.
Use our check list to assess if the solution you are currently evaluating is really meant to be used in a regulated environment.
- Test execution logic is independent from modification of the Subject Under Test
- Test execution logic can run on its own
- Automated test cases are linked to test case plan revisions
- Every test report is uniquely linked to a specific execution of a specific revision of a test case plan
- Every automated test case includes the information with which version of the test execution logic it has to be executed
- All frameworks/codes/dependencies used in your test support this independent, versioned execution model