You can view the images taken with the Designer simply by selecting the Image Explorer from the TestResults.io menu and docking it to your Visual Studio. Afterwards whenever you will select an image within your solution you will see all of the details of the selected image.
Select any recorded image in the Solution Explorer to see all its details and parameters in the Image explorer
Each image taken with the designer contains metadata with several parameters:
You can modify the Hotspot position simply by dragging the
cross to the desired position as shown in the picture below
If you want to crop the already taken image simply follow the steps below:
- Select the Crop button in the Image Explorer
- The Cropping window will be shown where you will be able to redefine the rectangle of the image. Once completed click Save Image in the bottom of the window
- As a result you will see a new cropped image
For more complex images you might want the engine to ignore some parts of the image. The masking functionality allows you to introduce regions which will be fully ignored by the engine while executing the test case. Follow the steps below to introduce a masking for your image:
- Select the Mask button in the Image Explorer
- Draw the first region which should be ignored and press the Mask button. Afterwards you can draw additional regions which shall be ignored. Each time you want to add a new region to ignore simply press the Mask button
- To finish masking the image press the Save button.