You can use our TRIO Installer which will set you up with everything you need. Or use the instructions in the following chapters for a manual installation.
- Download and Installation of Visual Studio including our Designer Extension
- You will also be asked if you want to setup a Hyper-V Virtual Machine which you can use as a Test Environment to automate and run your tests. NOTE: If you use a Windows Home Edition Hyper-V is not supported.
Installation with our integrated installer
In order to work with the designer you will need to install the following software on your PC:
- Visual Studio 2019 or a later edition. The type of your VS installation is irrelevant i.e. TestResults.io also works with the free "Community" edition. Visual Studio can be downloaded from here.
- .NET desktop development package (can be selected during the installation of Visual Studio):
- The TestResults.io Designer extension which you can download from the Visual Studio Marketplace or by following these steps:
- In Visual Studio go to Extensions --> Manage Extensions
- Select Online extensions
- Search for "testresults"
- Select "Testresults.io Designer for Automated Testing" from the list and click the Download button
- Select the Download button
- The TestResults.io extension will be installed automatically upon the next Visual Studio restart
- You can verify the successful installation of the TestResults.io designer by accessing the Extension and Updates (or Manage Extensions) in Visual Studio and checking if you see the extension in the Installed section:
Find more information about Test Environments here and follow the guide to configure your own Test Environment.
In case it is not installed on your system yet, you need to install the following runtimes (Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable): Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package (x86)