Comment on page
To install TestResults.io you can use our Installer or install each component manually. Depending on your organsisation check first if a Visual Studio (2022 or 2019) installation is available in your companys software distribution system. Also depending on policies you may also need to request administrator privileges for the installation.
Besides the installation of Visual Studio and our extension to it, you will also require a Test Environment to design and execute your test cases. Further information can be found in the Test Environment Chapter.
- Installation of our TestResults.io Designer Extension
- Runtime Dependencies for LeadOCR Text Detection Engine
Or use the instructions in the following chapters for a manual installation.
In order to work with the designer you will need to install the following software on your PC:
- .NET desktop development package (can be selected during the installation of Visual Studio):
- The TestResults.io Designer extension which you can download from the Visual Studio Marketplace or by following these steps:
- In Visual Studio go to Extensions --> Manage Extensions
- Select Online extensions
- Search for "testresults"
- Select "Testresults.io Designer for Automated Testing" from the list and click the Download button
- Select the Download button
- The TestResults.io extension will be installed automatically upon the next Visual Studio restart
- You can verify the successful installation of the TestResults.io designer by accessing the Extension and Updates (or Manage Extensions) in Visual Studio and checking if you see the extension in the Installed section:
In case it is not installed on your system yet, you need to install the following runtimes (Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable): Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package (x86) Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable Package (x86)